Benefits of Local Website Directory Submissions and SEO
Local website directory submissions and optimisation have often been in the spotlight on the NI2U Northern Ireland Technology list. There’s clearly a great deal of curiosity in the subject. This article content has been created to explain the basics of submissions and marketing.
First, understand which Local Website Directory Submissions and Search Engine Optimisation are two different proces. Let’s start our walk-through with the submissions approach.
Local Website Directory Submissions
There are two types of engines: the local directories that have huge databases where the entries are stored, and the crawlers that have no community repository and operate entirely by querying other the major search engines. For your site to appear at all in search results, one or more of the underlying search engine listings must list it in their index.
That’s Local website Directory Submissions (LOCAL DIRECTORY SUBMISSIONS) in a nutshell: the act of getting your web site listed with search engines like Google or directories. After submission, the site will show up on search results, but there is no guarantee of optimum ranking.
When we talk with reference to local directory submissions we need to talk with reference to budgeting. Free local directory submissions are still possible although it can take literally forever to your site to be listed. An enormous volume of websites are submitted on a daily basis. Submissions are processed by real visitors and accepted or not subject to information. (Many engines reject the inclusion of illegal content including child pornography, libel, material which infringes any intellectual property suitable, and material that specifically advocates, solicits, or abets any illegal activity.) All this takes time to analyse.
So, nowadays it’s advisable to have a budget for local directory submissions. Two of the most significant search engine listings charge a one-time fee for express submission. That fee guarantees a quick listing (usually from 2 to 7 days); if you should get the site listed ASAP it’s the way for you to go. The fees for express submissions vary between the major search engines from £150 to £300. Another choice requires you to publish the page to crawlers.
All the options above (be it premium or free) are essential to get your site on the online map. Until it’s listed it won’t be available to the global or local target audience of web users. Express submissions should be considered a must, and part of the marketing/advertising costs of running a business, specifically if it caters to a considerable online audience.
After the site is listed, you have to deal with ranking, also called placement or positioning. That’s what Seo Marketing is all with reference to. The goal in site marketing and advertising is always to make your site rank well for particular search phrase search terms, and there are a number of methods to do that.
Seo means improving the chances that your site will be discovered on searches for particular words and phrases related to the site’s purpose.
Before you start thinking of paying for one of those massively-advertised guaranteed-results optimisation solutions, take some time to understand more on the subject off how various search engines work and ways in which you are able to optimise your webpages on your own personal.
Search engines use algorithm calculations to position the webpages. The actual algorithms are a very well-kept secret but they all follow general rules.
There are techniques to improve your ranking:
- Decide on the appropriate keyword for your pages, Choose keywords / phrases with two or more terms for each and every site within your site and make sure the words match the content of the page. Let’s say your site is promoting your dog breeding business. You would choose phrases like “dog breeding” or “cocker spaniel breeding” to the front web site and different text for every internal website such as “cocker litter” or “cocker pups” for your page showing facts about the next available litter.
- Location the keyword high on the web site. This means placing them in the title, and in the body in such a way which they appear first when the search engines spider it. Better still, if you use the key words as headline on the page.
- The use of tables can push the written content in the cells down; search engine listings and crawlers will read the table cell by cell. So if you have a navigation menu in the initial cell and the relevant words in the second cell, the content will be read after the navigation menu. This puts your keywords / phrases in an alternative position in which website.
- The only way around that is by using META tags.
- The material in the page must reflect the description and title. Images give character to a page, but you need to avoid having pages that are all images and no text* Use HTML written text whenever possible.
- Always add text navigation to the footer of your site in case your navigation system is mostly composed of image rollovers or image maps.
- Use Symons of text references (i.e. if the site is concerning dog breeding then use dog breeder, dog breed, kennel, for example. in the written text).
- Avoid the major search engine barriers:
- Avoid using frames as the major search engines cannot follow frame one-way links;
- When dealing with dynamic content webpages, make sure you have some static pages in the site because some search engine listings will not rank dynamic pages as high.
- Use META description tags. Meta tags can help you overcome obstacles caused by tables, scripts, frames and image maps. Keep in mind that META tags alone can’t guarantee the ideal placement.
- The major search engines use link overview as part of their ranking algorithms. This is how they determine which pages and posts are using true material. You want to develop backlinks to webpages which have related content that you expect to be discovered for.
Better if it is possible to get linked to from a site that provides a good ranking. All the links on the other site will be indexed, like yours. If the other site’s placement is good, yours will likely be good too.
- Last but not least, don’t spam! Tricks like repetition of keyword in the page’s body by using the same font colour as the background, repetition of key phrases in comment and alt tags can get you permanently unlisted from major search engines like Google.
Paid marketing Services
For those involved in paying for superior ranking, here’s some advice to follow.
Basic investigation study and research
Look for other people’s expertise with the services for local website directory submissions. Don’t pay for a service that you get spammed by from email. Paid optimising providers will make sure to get you a superior ranking by many methods:
- By acquiring advertising space on normal webpages in addition to ads search engines like Google. If they’re good at which they will probably get the banner ads for a better price than you will be able to get.
- Through helping you choose the ideal keywords to your target market.
- Keeping tabs on how you rank and making changes to keep your ranking in case it starts to go down. With this on-going control they can intervene whenever it’s important to keep your site ranking good.
Now that you understand a little bit more regarding how the major search engines work, how to optimise your site for a better ranking and how fee-based search placement providers work you’ll be able to help to make a superior judgment on what your site needs to position well.
Enjoy The Fun!
22nd January 2019
22nd January 2019
2nd December 2018